Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
- In the Parish: Andrew Pearson (0115 9178376) St Peter's Safeguarding Coordinator or Heather Rolfe (0115 9176648) Toton Methodist Church Safeguarding Coordinator. Or contact us by email.
- In the Anglican Diocese: Donna Bernard- Carlin, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, 01636 817200.
- In the Methodist District: Rev Susan McIvor, Safeguarding Officer, 07434 284633.
- Out of Hours for Children & Adults:
- Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546
- Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000
Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults at Toton Churches
In accordance with the Church of England and Methodist Church Safeguarding Policies, our churches are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Toton Churches Policy and Procedures:
- Download a pdf of St Peter's Safeguarding Policy here
- Download a pdf ofSt Peter's Safeguarding Poster here.
- Download a pdf of Toton Methodist Church Safeguarding Policy here.
- Download a pdf of our E-Safety Policy here
If you have concerns about possible abuse (including allegations):
In an emergency, respond immediately.
Call 999 for the emergency services.
2. Consult the person to
whom you are responsible e.g. leader of your group, or the Safeguarding Coordinator, or your Minister.
Decide together whether to seek advice or to make an immediate referral.
4. Make a record of what
happened, your concerns and your actions.
Sign and date it and pass it on to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.
Adviser: Donna Bernard-Carlin - email
Methodist District Safeguarding Officer: Rev Susan McIvor - email
Good Practice Guidelines
Resources are available at: